Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (FMEA) - Oct 23-24, 2019 - Lake Charles, LA
Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) is a powerful technique for avoiding process problems and preventing defects in products and services. The use of FMEA helps to anticipate and guide action to prevent failures in both design and process performance.
In this intensive workshop, you will learn to estimate the probability of failures and their causes in your product, process and machine designs. You will also learn effective techniques to plan for identifying and minimizing defects in both manufacturing and service processes.
During hands-on workshops, you will perform both design and process FMEA's on your own designs and process issues, present the results of your analyses, and plan future applications of FMEA when you return to work. At the end of this program, you will have a new tool set that you can apply right away to manage risk and prevent failures in your organization’s designs and processes.
The seminar workbook includes a copy of Guidelines for Performing a Design and Process FMEA, a handy reference for use during the workshop. This Guideline also serves as a template for drafting a company-specific FMEA policy and procedure for your own organization.
- Systems Thinking
- Introduction to Failure Mode and Effects Analysis
- Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis
- Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis
- Control Plans
- Basic Procedure for Improving a System
- Additional Reference Materials
- Introduction to Systematic Root Cause Analysis
Who Should Attend?
R & D, design, manufacturing, materials, safety, environmental, test, and quality engineers and managers. Pruchasing, marketing and field service personnel. Process improvement project team leaders, members and facilitators.
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own designs, process maps, and data to get the most out of the hands-on workshops and applications.
- This workshop is most beneficial when a team from your organization attends together.
Location and Schedule
McNeese State University, Lake Charles, Louisiana
SEED Center, 4310 Ryan Street, 2nd Floor
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Wednesday and Thursday, October 23-24, 2019
Registration and Payment
- Pay online with Visa, Mastercard or Discover
- For payment with American Express, contact Nicole Jimenez at (337) 562-4107.
- If you are paying with AMEX and ned a confirmaiton that you are fully enrolled in a course, please contact Amanda Hext at (337) 562-4592.
- Checks should be made payable to McNeese State University and mailed to the following address:
McNeese State University
Institute for Industry-Education Collaboration
Lake Charles, LA 70609
For Additional Information
Lilliam Norat David
Phone: (337) 562-4593
Feedback from Past Students
“This class clarified the FMEA process, gave me more confidence in what I already knew, and taught me best practices. It was great!”
– Ali Siam, Engineer II, DePuy Synthes Spine, Inc.
"I am amazed that I have made it through a BS, MBA, ASQ CQE, and 10 years of professional experience without receiving the perspective that Jim presents."
– Andre Kopoyan, Quality System Engineer, Waters Corporation
“Jim is a very engaging and passionate instructor; this is very helpful in a seminar. Real life examples and applications help ingrain the techniques. Excellent!"
– Mark Rodbourn, Sr. Quality Engineer, Covidien
“Over my 20+ year career in Biotech Manufacturing Management, I have met a substantial number of trainers and consultants. Jim Leonard is far and above the most skilled trainer that I have had the pleasure to meet. I say this not only because of Jim's mastery of the tools and concepts of Continuous Improvement, but also his style and ability to interject personal experiences, anecdotes, and humor in order to motivate and inspire even the most unwilling of students.”
– Glen Firth, Director of Manufacturing, GTC Biotherapeutics